Speaker: Chris Mambu Rasch, Wisconsin Medical Society’s Director of State and Federal relations
Physicians need to know how MACRA:
- Ends the previous SGR formula for determining Medicare payments and creates a new methodology for future rate increases or decreases.
- Combines existing programs like the PQRS, Value-based modifier, and Meaningful Use into one program, and adds an additional Clinical Practice Improvement Activity component.
- Provides a framework for rewarding providers to move from volume to value, and creates a voluntary Alternative Payment Model option that requires physicians to take on risk.
Release date (enduring material): August 18, 2016
Expiration date: August 18, 2019
Method of Participation
Participants view the presentation and listen to the synchronized audio of the recorded lecture. After completing the activity, participants must complete an evaluation and a post-test in which they must answer at least 75% of the answers correctly in order to receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. The participant cannot proceed to request credit until this score is achieved.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current conditions of the MACRA and formulate strategies that will implement change within their practice as it relates to MACRA.
- Evaluate how MACRA will affect the payer, purchaser and clinician/provider communities.
- Recognize how to move to a value-based payment and delivery structure by taking advantage of and improving the MACRA statutory and regulatory initiatives.
E-mail email@example.com for questions related to the educational content.
This activity is designed for primary care physicians and all specialists, and allied health professionals.
No commercial support was used in creating this educational activity.
ADA Compliance Statement:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Wisconsin Medical Society seeks to make this activity accessible to all. If you have a disability, which might require special accommodations, please call 608.442.3800.
Registration is not refundable. If you are unable to participate in an activity for which you are registered, you may have a substitute participate in your place.